Witklipfontein Eco Lodge is a personal project that I’ve been woking on, for four years, in collaboration with my brother Xavier Huyberechts and his company GLH Architects. The idea was to build an eco lodge made out of soil, with revised hold vernacular building technics, in a contemporary minimalistic design. Our aim was to demonstrate that we can build contemporary and comfortable houses in a more sustainable way.
– Low carbon footprint
– Less machinery and more humain power on building process
– Self temperature regulating with thermal mass design
– Reuse of discarded materials
– 100% off the grid
– Reduced Chemicals
– Reduced visual impact on the landscape
– 0% concrete
In charge of the:
– design and earth building technics implementation
– plans from site survey to execution details
– all building process and site management
– team management
– equipment maintenance
– lodge management and marketing
Art&Architecture / 2007-2008
High end residential.
In charge: From design to execution planning, 3d rendering and website management.
GLH Architects / 2006-2007
In charge: Design, 3d rendering and website management.